Technical requirements for successful online speech therapy:
- Latest version of Google Chrome or Safari web browser
- Connection speed of 3 Mb minimum – Click here to test your speed
- Computer camera
- Headphones (recommended)
- Check if your connection speed meets minimum requirements:
- Go to www.speedtest.net, click “Go” button and wait for the results to appear.
- The minimum speed requirements are the following:
If the connection speed does not meet minimum requirements, try using wired network connection instead of wireless connection and run the test again.
- Download required browser: Please, refer to this article for how to download or update your browser.
- Verify your headphones and microphone are connected to your computer and run the WebRTC troubleshooter
- Click on this link to test connectivity, camera and microphone setup.
- If your camera or microphone check fails make sure your camera is installed and drivers are configured.
- If your connectivity check fails, your firewall will need to be adjusted (See #4).
- Adjust Firewall settings if necessary.
- Minimum Requirements: Open TCP port 443 for outbound SSL and non-SSL traffic to *.theraplatform.com
- Better Experience: Open UDP port 3478 for inbound and outbound traffic to *.theraplatform.com
- Important: Once you open the port run WebRtc troubleshooter (Point 3) to verify your network is configured correctly.
- Windows (we recommend windows 10) or Mac computer.